Stage I: After achieving a positive and intended personality quietness, formulate clearly to yourself, and in your own words, the answers to the following questions:
- If money is one of the most important things needed today for spiritual work, what is the factor that is at present deflecting it away from the work of the Spiritual Hierarchy?
- What is my personal attitude towards money? Do I regard it as a great and possible spiritual asset, or do I think of it in material terms?
- What is my personal responsibility in regard to money that passes through my hands? Am I handling it as a disciple of the Masters should handle it?
Stage II: Having answered these three questions in the light of the Soul, ponder on the redemption of humanity through the right use of money:
- Visualize the money in the world today as:
- Concretized energy, at present largely used for purely material purposes and for the satisfaction (where the individual is concerned) of purely personal desires.
- A great stream of flowing golden substance, passing out of the control of the Forces of Materialism into the control of the Forces of Light.
- Then say the following invocative prayer, with focused mental concentration and from a heartfelt desire to meet spiritual demands:
O Thou in Whom we live and move and have our being, the Power that can make all things new, turn to spiritual purposes the money in the world; touch the hearts of persons everywhere so that they may give to the work of the Hierarchy that which has hitherto been given to material satisfaction. The New Group of World Servers needs money in large quantities. I ask that the needed vast sums may be made available. May this potent energy of Thine be in the hands of the Forces of Light.
- Then visualize the work to be done by those groups which claim your present allegiance (i.e., the School for Esoteric Studies, or any other group which you know is attempting to carry out the hierarchical Plan). Then, through the creative imagination and by an act of the will, see untold and unlimited sums of money pouring into the hands of those who seek to do the Masters' work.
- Then say aloud, with conviction and emphasis:
- Close with a careful consideration of your own responsibility to the Plan, and each week plan your financial cooperation with the Hierarchy. Be practical and realistic and know that if you do not give, you may not ask, for you have no right to evoke that which you do not share.
The One for Whom the whole world waits has said that whatsoever shall be asked in that One’s Name and with faith in the response will see it accomplished.
Remember at the same time that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. Then add:
I ask for the needed money for. . . . . . . . . . and can demand it because From the center which we call the human race, let the Plan of Love and Light work out, and may it seal the door where evil dwells.
OM OM OM
- This meditation is so simple that many of you may regard it as innocuous and perhaps futile. Used by many simultaneously, it may shatter the impasse that at present prevents adequate funds from pouring into the work that the Spiritual Hierarchy seeks to accomplish.
- Do this meditation every Sunday morning. Take what you have saved during the previous week and dedicate it to the work and present it in meditation to the Coming One and the Spiritual Hierarchy. Whether the sum is large or small, it can become an attractive and magnetic unit in the Masters' plans.
- Realize the occult Law that "to those who give shall be given" so that they can give again.
- Feel true love sweeping through you, and have the fixed intention to express this love to all you contact. It is the great attractive and selfless agent in world affairs.
From Discipleship in the New Age, Volume 2, pp. 228-231 (Alice A. Bailey)